The Deanship of the Faculty of Engineering at the Islamic University of Madinah (IU) is pleased to announce that IU provides full undergraduate scholarships for distinguished applicants who demonstrate high potential for pursuing their undergraduate studies in the fields of Engineering.
About the Program:
This is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Scholarship Program which offers several subjects (Civil, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering) and a Master of Science in (Renewable Energy, Engineering and Technology Management, and Mechatronics & Robotics) to study in Saudi Arabia. Abroad students are welcome to apply for Fully Funded Bachelor of Science in Engineering Scholarship.
Benefits Available to Students
Being awarded a scholarship gives you the following benefits: -
- A free plane ticket upon admission, as well as a free ticket at the end of each academic year, according to specific guidelines.
- A monthly allowance.
- An extra allowance for students who achieve the grade of excellence.
- Free furnished accommodation, for non-married students.
- The food at the university restaurant, for a small monthly fee.
- Quality healthcare at the university hospital.
- Free daily transportation to and from the Prophet’s Mosque, as well as regular organized ‘Umrah (lesser pilgrimage) trips.
- Use of the social, training, and sports facilities at the university.
Conditions for students applying for a scholarship:
- The applicant must be a Muslim male of good conduct.
- The applicant must pledge to abide by the rules and regulations of the university.
- The applicant must be medically fit.
- The applicant must pass such tests and interviews as are determined by the relevant authorities.
- The applicant must possess a General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) or its equivalent, from inside or outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The certificate must have been issued by a government school, or a recognized private school.
- The applicant must be dedicated to full-time study.
- No more than five years must have passed since being awarded the certificate.
- The age of the applicant must not exceed twenty five years, upon beginning study.
- The applicant must abide by any other conditions defined by the university management.
Admission Conditions for Master are avaialbe in the following link
Mandatory documents for an application (without which application will not be processed):
- High School/GCSE/A-level Certificate.
- High School/GCSE/A-level Transcript.
- Testimony of Conduct.
- Birth Certificate.
- Identity Card (where applicable).
- A Color passport-sized (6x4) Photograph, which must be taken without glasses, against a white background, without covering the head.
- A medical letter or report, indicating the health of the applicant’s body, his sight and hearing, and lack of infectious diseases. It must be issued by a reliable medical centre.
- A letter of introduction/recommendation from an Islamic foundation in the applicant’s country of residence, or from two eminent Muslim individuals, testifying with regard to the applicant, his religious devotion and Islamic morals.
- Certificate of accepting Islam, for those who are not Muslim by birth (if available).
The applicant must scan his original documents, along with their translations, using a scanner, in order to display the documents in their original colors.
- The applicant must attach the Arabic translation of any document written in other than the Arabic language, preferably attested by a reliable organization.
- In case of an applicant being granted admission, the accepted student must bring his original documents, attested by the Saudi Embassy. If there is no Saudi Embassy in his country, he should have his documents attested by an authority recognized by the university.
- In the case of errors in the basic information found on the applicant’s original documents (such as name, date of birth, place of birth, etc.), the applicant must correct such mistakes with the responsible authorities before sending his application, since the University Council forbids the correction of this fundamental information after admission.
Prospective Student Information
In the below Link, you will find a questionnaire for gathering prospective student information to support their applications for the scholarship program.
Prospective Student Information
Online Admission System:
The online graduate admission application for the coming semester will be available
according to the online application deadline through the Online Application System
For inquiries, you may contact